Thursday, October 25, 2007

from Monday 10-22-2007, 08:11 AM

Info for San Deigo County AM600/KOGO

I'm down south, near Bonita (92139). People who were here for the fires 4 years ago tell me that the fires will stop at the reservoir, so we are "relatively safe" being so close to the coast and on the other side of the lake. Huge areas north are being evacuated. Air quality at this point is good where I am, but north of here is pretty bad. I'm told the area between I-5 and I-15, north of the 56 "looks like Armageddon."

Fires are spreading so quickly because of extremely high winds and very dry conditions. Humidity is between 7%-18%... Air turbulence and high reaching, very hot-burning flames are keeping aircraft from dumping water on the fire - it evaporates before it hits the flames. Wind direction changes rapidly and gusts suddenly.

It's bad. Please pray for calm winds.

No comments: